Thursday, April 16, 2009

Virtual History

The Virtual Wall seems really interesting. To be able to navigate throughout the wall and also through different time periods is going to give people a very real idea of what the wall represented and when it had that meaning. This is a truly innovative concept. I think what a lot of people have trouble with when it comes to wrapping their hands around history (I know this is my issue) is understanding not only the chronology of events and ideals but also the general feel of the culture as they relate to what happened when. I think that this Virtual Wall project is really going to help people understand that. I'm hoping too that it might help people see the burden separations like this cause and that such a divide can only bring negative things.

The End of History I had trouble understanding on many levels. First, I was trying to read it while ill (I'm getting over a pretty severe cold) so almost everything I read passed up my brain in one way or another. The other problem that I had with this essay and its response was the vocabulary used and my lack of understanding for many of the concepts he addressed. I suppose the only reflection I can give is that I don't feel that liberalism is the cause of all the problems or "the end of history;" I can see the problems liberalism raises, especially in the eyes of conservatives, but I think that for the most part, liberalism is a uniting factor and not a dividing one. However I could have completely missed the point he was trying to make. But since I have a weak grasp on political institutionalism, these essays were quite difficult for me to understand and agree with and thus reflect on.

No comments:

Post a Comment