Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Edge of Homework

I must say that I have not yet done the Ghosts reading :( but will get in my reflection asap!

Regarding The Edge of Heaven, I can't express how moved I was by that movie. I thought it was an excellent choice as a strong display of the lecture we had just been given - or, put another way, the lecture surved a perfect foundation for understanding the cultural undertones of the loud however silent film (loud in that it had a lot to say and silent in that it was not obnoxious in its expression of these themes). If the film at all served as a prompt for the passion which moves people in Istanbul and Germany, I cannot be more excited to go and be amongst these personalities. On another level, I was immensely touched by what the film had to profess about parent/child realtionships, their variant levels and variablility, their strength, and the natural love rooted in them which finds a way to communicate itself through other interpersonal relationships. This was the most profound message given to me by the film. On an arts level, the direction was supurb (which is saying a lot because I have just recently begun to acquire the movie culture to be able to make such an observation) and I felt that the writer's choice of not revealing the tangled web of past relationships between the characters was very brave (and almost necessary for the story).

I can't wait to go home and watch this movie with my parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment